We are thrilled to unveil our brand new state-of-the-art Class 4 MLS laser machine, redefining how we address chronic and acute musculoskeletal and neurological conditions with a non-invasive and highly effective approach to pain relief.
Understanding Class 4 Laser Therapy (High-Level Laser Therapy/ HLLT):
Embark on a journey of healing with Meadowside’s Class 4 laser, harnessing the power of specific wavelengths of light to activate cellular changes and promote natural healing processes. Our laser uses two powerful wavelengths, 905nm for pain relief and 808nm for reducing inflammation and promoting tissue repair, ensuring a safe and effective healing experience.
Primary Benefits of HLLT on Chronic and Acute Musculoskeletal Conditions:
- Pain Reduction: Experience significant relief from conditions like arthritis and chronic back pain.
- Accelerated Healing: Enhance cellular repair and regeneration, reducing healing time for injuries and surgeries.
- Inflammation Reduction: Combat chronic inflammation and improve joint function.
- Improved Range of Motion: Enhance flexibility and mobility, particularly for conditions like osteoarthritis.
- Non-Invasive and Side Effect-Free: Opt for a painless and drug-free therapy with minimal risk of side effects.
What to Expect During Your Laser Therapy Session at Meadowside Osteopathy:
Your journey begins with a thorough assessment by our experienced practitioners, tailoring a personalised treatment plan. If laser therapy is recommended, sessions involve a three-stage process: scanning, treatment, and trigger point release, all painlessly and heat-free.
- Scanning: The laser is moved over the area surrounding the affected tissues. This is because the surrounding muscles’ function is often also affected by the injury, and this process allows the blood flow to the area to increase prior to treating the affected area which helps optimise the results.
- Treatment: the affected area is treated, which may involve keeping the laser still over several points or moving it around, depending on the nature of the injury. This is painless and heat-free.
- Trigger points: injured muscles can form knots (or the previous formation of knots can contribute to the development of the injury), which can impact efficient healing and repair. These knots can be released when the laser is applied over them for approximately 25 seconds per trigger point.